Frequently Asked Questions
- What is AccountCare/Balance Protector/Payment Safeguard/Credit Protector/PaymentAid/Credit Protection/Job Loss Protection?
These programs provided minimum due or account balance cancellation benefits, or deferral of the payment due date on the covered credit card account depending on the product variation and event type. Events varied by program but may have included job loss, disability, death and certain life events (e.g., marriage or divorce).
- What is Citi IdentityMonitor?
The program provided credit reports, educational scores, credit monitoring and alerts based on the members credit file at one of the three bureau reporting companies. Members could upgrade at no additional cost to receive benefits from all three major credit reporting companies after enrollment.
- What is Watch-Guard Preferred?
The program provided notification to credit and debit card issuers on behalf of the member if they reported their cards as lost or stolen.
- Can I call and speak to someone regarding this letter, potential refund or credit, and previous enrollment(s)?
We are only offering web support at this time. Entering a valid reference number and last name will allow us to display more detailed information regarding the claims process and the specific program(s) you were previously enrolled in and during what time period. This website contains the most detailed information available.
- What is Department Stores National Bank, N.A.?
Department Stores National Bank, N.A. is the issuer of Macy’s and Bloomingdale’s credit cards. The debt protection program name that covered Macy’s and Bloomingdale’s credit card accounts is Credit Protection.
- How will my credit card account be impacted if I submit a claim for a potential refund or credit?
Submitting a claim will have no impact on an existing credit card account status with Citibank, N.A. or Department Stores National Bank.
- I no longer have a credit card issued by Citibank N.A. or Department Stores National Bank, N.A.?
A current credit card account with Citibank N.A. or Department Stores National Bank, N.A. is not required to submit a claim for a potential refund or credit.
- What should I do if I’ve received multiple notifications?
If you received multiple notifications it means that you were enrolled multiple times or you were enrolled in one or more of the programs. A separate claim submission for a potential refund or credit for each program enrollment that was without consent or knowledge of the program costs or benefits is required.
- Why is Citibank N.A. and Department Stores National Bank, N.A. sending these letters?
Certain customers may have been enrolled without their consent or knowledge of the program costs or benefits.
- I did not know my enrollment in the program had been cancelled; can I re-enroll?
No, we are not currently accepting new enrollments.
- Am I still eligible to submit a claim for benefits on my cancelled debt protection program?
If you would like to file a claim for benefits, please call the toll-free number on the back of your credit card.